Being king or queen of your own castle may seem like the stuff of fairy tales, but it’s closer to reality than you might think.
Did you know you can book a room — or an entire castle — for the night, or an entire extended holiday?
HomeToGo, which claims to be the world’s largest holiday rental site, has rounded up some of the top castles in Europe available to book through its search engine.
We’ve ranked the castles below in ascending order by the cheapest price per night, according to HomeToGo.
From the Scottish highlands to beautiful Tuscany, scroll down to find the castle that fits your budget.
1. La Posada, Castellar de la Frontera, Spain — from £43 ($56) per night.
Step back into history when you enter your one-bedroom apartment in this medieval fortress, set in the heart of a cork oak forest in Southern Spain, with views over Gibraltar.
2. Castello Costagut, Roccalvecce, Italy — from £67 ($87) per night.
Ideal for a romantic weekend, Castello Costaguti has an armory floor and a pool to relax under the Italian sun, with one-bedroom apartments boasting views of the surrounding countryside. Each one has a living room, kitchenette, and private bathroom.
3. Irishman’s Tower, Hoghton, UK — from £69 ($89) per night.
Built in 1565, the two-story, cozy Irishman’s Tower is an idyllic rural retreat and the perfect base for exploring the local Lancashire countryside, food, and culture. Enjoy a luxury spa bathroom and open fire.
4. Montegufoni Castle, Montespertoli, Italy — from £75 ($97) per night.
Part of a large estate comprising vineyards and olive trees in the heart of the Chianti region, this castle dates back to the 12th century. It was restored in the 17th century by the noble family of Acciaioli.
5. Villa Castello, Borgomanero, Italy — from £77 ($100) per night.
Located a short distance from the breathtaking Lake Maggiore, Lake Orta, and the mountains of the Valsesia. Your one-bedroom apartment will feature a spacious kitchen, a covered terrace, and a large gazebo garden, as well as two bathrooms.
6. Castello di Mugnana, Chianti, Italy — from £81 ($105) per night.
Perfectly situated for short trips to Florence and other famous destinations in Tuscany, the Castello di Mugnana is a beautiful medieval castle dating back over 1,000 years.
7. Chateau de Jalesnes, Vernantes, France — from £108 ($140) per night.
The new two bedroom, two bathrooms apartment at Vernantes is surrounded by woods, walking trails, farms, and vineyards.
8. Chateau d’Esparron, Esparron de Verdon, France — from £111 ($144) per night.
The Chateau d’Esparron is a listed historic building built in the 13th century. In addition to its interesting architecture, guests can enjoy the nearby Esparron Lake or take a walk through the lavender fields as a break from their one bedroom, one bathroom apartment.
9. Chateau de la Tour, Rivarennes, France — from £111 ($144) per night.
Divided into different guest rooms, Chateau de la Tour, the residence of Duchess Anne of Clermont-Tonnerre, even welcomes horses for a full knight-like feel.
10. Assisi Castle, Assisi, Italy — from £148 ($192) per night.
Live like a royal in this Italian castle’s 32-metre-high tower, surrounded by nature and located near the beautiful and historical Assisi town.
11. Chateau de Breuil, Tours, France — from £158 ($205) per night.
At the heart of the Loire Valley, the Chateau du Breuil boasts a 120 square metre apartment and breathtaking views of the Indre river and nature surrounding the castle.
12. Chateau d’Avaray, Avaray, France — from £168 ($218) per night.
Less than a two-hour drive from Paris, Chateau d’Avaray sits in the heart of the golden triangle of the Loire châteaux — Chambord, Blois, and Cheverny.
13. Chateau de la Bergeliere, La Flocelliere, France — from £231 ($299) per night.
Situated in the beautiful Pays de la Loire region, this French castle offers an original and luxurious holiday.
14. La Tour D’Aligre, Champrond-en-Gatine, France — from £340 ($441) per night.
The Tour d’Aligre is one of the many castles in the French Eure-et-Loir region. A luxury stay offers a heated pool and sport facilities.
15. Chateau de Goudourville, Goudourville, France —from £364 ($472) per night.
A one hour drive from Toulouse, the Chateau de Goudourville has a truly medieval atmosphere.
16. Balvaird Apartment, Perth, Scotland — from £400 ($519) per night.
With stunning views over the River Tay in Scotland, this self-catering castle is an ideal base for guests who enjoy golfing, angling, sporting, or simply relaxing with friends and family.
17. Dunskey Castle, Portpatrick, Scotland — from £450 ($584) per night.
Dunskey Castle is an impeccably maintained 100-year-old Scottish home with fine period furniture and baronial features. Perfect for nature lovers, you can have a snooker game after some rowing on the nearby water.
18. Chateau de Tocqueville, Saint-Pierre-Eglise, France — from £509 ($660) per night.
Located in the beautiful Normandy region, a two-hour drive from the iconic Mont Saint Michel, the Chateau de Tocqueville will offer you the peace and relaxation kings and queens deserve.
19. Belle Isle Castle, Enniskillen, Northern Ireland — from £668 ($867) per night.
The most expensive property on the list, situated on the northern tip of Upper Lough Erne in Northern Ireland, Belle Isle is a 470-acre estate spread over eight picturesque islands.
This story originally appeared on Business Insider.