The purpose of this disclosure is to explain how we make money without charging you for our content.
Our mission is to help people at any stage of life make smart financial decisions through research, reporting, reviews, recommendations, and tools.
Earning your trust is essential to our success, and we believe transparency is critical to creating that trust. To that end, you should know that many or all of the companies featured here are partners who advertise with us.
Our content is free because our partners pay us a referral fee if you click on links or call any of the phone numbers on our site. If you choose to interact with the content on our site, we will likely receive compensation. If you don't, we will not be compensated. Ultimately the choice is yours.
Opinions are our own and our editors and staff writers are instructed to maintain editorial integrity, but compensation along with in-depth research will determine where, how, and in what order they appear on the page.
To find out more about our editorial process and how we make money, click here.
Amazon Prime Day is near.
The mega-online shopping event for Amazon Prime customers extends beyond just one day this year, lasting 30 hours. The 2017 sales event starts at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, July 10, and ends at 3 a.m. ET on Wednesday, July 12.
The e-commerce giant will offer more than 100,000 deals, which will be posted as frequently as every five minutes throughout the sales period. Prime Day is available for members of the Prime service, which costs $99 per year.
While the retailer keeps its deals a secret, it has announced some discounts for Prime members already. And leading up to the official Prime Day, Amazon started offering discounts on subscriptions for audio books, ebooks and music.
Additionally, this year customers can learn about deals 24-hours before they are available through Amazon’s free app. Customers can also get notifications for when sales go live.
Here are some of the deals that will be offered on Amazon Prime Day, which feature discounts of select items ranging from ice cream to beauty products:
- 25% off Häagen-Dazs and Halo Top ice cream
- 25% off Coppertone Sunscreen products
- 25% off 8-packs of La Croix
- 25% off Larabars
- 25% off Gatorade
- 25% off produce, including strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, among other products
- Up to 30% off wine, beer and spirits in certain cities
- 30% off local beauty supplies, snacks and pet products from stores like Sally Beauty and All the Best Pet Care
A number of larger deals — especially ones on Amazon’s own products — are expected this Prime Day as well.
UPDATE: On Monday, July 10, Amazon announced a slew of deals on electronics and other items that will go live starting at 9 p.m. ET tonight. Among the offers:
• Save 50% on Amazon Echo, $89.99
• Save $15 on Echo Dot, $34.99
• Save $30 on Kindle Paperwhite, $89.99
• Save $40 on Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, $89.99
• Fire 7 for $29.99
• 25% off select TCL smart TVs, starting at $119.99 for a 28-inch
• 32-inch 720p TCL TV, $99.99
• 40-inch 1080p TCL TV, $199.99
• Save up to 50% on select video games, consoles and accessories
• Save up to 40% on PC gaming laptops, desktops and accessories
• Save 40-50% on Prime Exclusive clothing, handbags and more
• Save 30% on select clothing, shoes and more for men, women, kids and baby
SECOND UPDATE: By Tuesday (Prime Day itself), Amazon had introduced thousands of other deals, including these promotions that caught our eyes as particularly outstanding:
• Instant Pot DUO80, $89.99 (normally $129.95)
• AmazonBasics 4-Port USB Wall Charger, $14.99 (normally $19.99)
• Xbox One S 500GB Console + Play & Charge Kit + Xbox White Wireless Controller + 3 Digital Games, $239.99 (normally over $365)
• Dewalt 20V MAX Cordless Compact Drill Driver Kit with 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw, $137.99 (normally $198)
We’ve included affiliate links into this article. Click here to learn what those are.