Every year, people look forward to April 1 because of the fun pranks and jokes. April Fools’ Day has been observed by many different cultures for hundreds of years, but the funny thing is no one really knows its exact origin. Some think it started in the mid to late 1500s, when the new year changed from April 1 to Jan. 1. When the new year calendar change occurred, not everyone was informed, so some people still celebrated the new year in April. And, according to this theory, those were the original “April fools.”
Joking and foolery aside, April is also a great month to find some amazing deals. Here are some April Fools’ Day deals that might make the occasion even more enjoyable — and help you save some money.
April Fools’ Day Travel and Entertainment Promos
If you’re looking for things to do on April Fools’ Day, these promotions might be right up your alley. From skiing to baseball games, check out some fun things to do April 1 on a budget.
- Wildcat Mountain Resort: Visit Wildcat Mountain on April Fools’ Day and you can get an all-day lift ticket for just $9.
- Waterville Valley Resort: Ski and ride for only $1 starting at 9 a.m. at Waterville Valley Resort on April 1. Tickets go on sale at 8:30 a.m.
- Mad River Glen: Get a two-for-one ski deal if you visit Mad River Glen on April Fools’ Day and “act a fool” at the ticket booth.
- University of Maryland: Get a free whoopee cushion if you’re one of the first 100 fans at the baseball game on April Fools’ Day.
April Fools’ Day Deals on Food and Dining
If you want to grab a bite on April 1, don’t miss these great food and dining deals.
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse: Save $10 off a $35 purchase using this printable coupon until April 6.
- Fogo de Chao: Save $25 off dinner until April 3. Visit the restaurant’s Facebook page to access the offer.
- Longhorn Steakhouse: Save $1.50 on one adult lunch entree or $3 on two with this printable coupon. Savings can be claimed for up to two people between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. until April 6.
April Fools’ Day Sales on Apparel
Looking good for any occasion isn’t a laughing matter. Check out these April Fools’ Day sales on clothing, shoes and jewelry.
- Express: Save 15% off your online or in-store purchase. The promo code will be available on Offers.com April 1 to April 30.
- Footwear Unlimited: Save $10 off your order and get free shipping with promo code FOOL from March 31 to April 4.
- Finish Line: Get $15 off orders over $150. The promo code will be available on Offers.com April 1 to April 30.
- Foot Locker: Save 15% off any order of $70 or more with promo code LKS16M3L until April 1.
- ShoesPie: Enjoy markdowns up to 95% and use promo code APR to get an additional 15% off from March 28 to April 3.
- Fred Meyer Jewelers: Get 35% off and, if you’re a Platinum Preferred customer, enjoy an additional 10% off your purchase. The promo code will be available on Offers.com April 1 to April 7.
April Fools’ Day Discounts on Everything Else
If you’re in the market for more than just clothes and shoes, these one-stop shopping stores might do the trick. Don’t miss out on these great discounts on everything from beauty supplies and services to housewares to tax preparation.
- Kohl’s: Save 15% on in-store purchases with the printable coupon that will be available on Offers.com from March 31 to April 3.
- JCPenney: Get 10 to 15% off select items or salon services with promo code FUNDEAL until April 16.
- Fab: Save 15% on orders of $100 or more with promo code 15off100 or 20% off orders of $200 or more with code 20off200. Both offers end April 1.
- Bon-Ton: Use promo code APRBDAY and get free shipping on orders of $25 or more. The offer is valid April 1 to April 30.
- Bath & Body Works: Save 20 percent off your entire online order with code SP162168 until April 17.
- Efile.com: Get 50 percent off your tax preparation services with code 16PROMO50. Valid for a limited time.
Read More: 7 Money Tips for Every Day of the Week
April Fools’ Day History
April Fools’ Day is a time when you can shamelessly indulge in silliness, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy serious savings. And now that you’ve got your eye on which deals to grab, find out more about the history of April Fools’ Day. Oh, and don’t forget to play some good pranks on your friends, too.
This article originally appeared on GoBankingRates.