Chat with Money's credit card experts
Picking the right credit card can be confusing, infuriating, and treacherous. With so many options out there, you may find it nearly impossible to cut through the jargon to make sure you’re getting the best deal. And with changes to rewards programs, it could mean you’re not getting all you can out of your plastic. Worse, if you choose poorly, you could find yourself weighed down by high fees and interest payments for years. So how do you find the right card?
You can start by taking a look at Money's Best Credit Cards gallery, which features the magazine's picks of the finest 15 cards for rewards junkies, balance carriers, frequent travelers and other types of credit card users.
Got further questions about plastic? Then join Money and NerdWallet in our Twitter Chat on Tuesday at 4 pm EST/1 pm PST. You will get the opportunity to ask two experts in the credit card game what you should consider when picking a card. Want to understand what card is best for you? Here’s your chance.
We'll have two credit-savvy whizzes to answer your questions and offer advice based on our detailed dive into plastic:
- Margaret Magnarelli, @mmagnarelli, is an assistant managing editor at Money, where she edits articles on banking and credit, including the magazine's just-released Best Credit Cards roundup. She's also the author of Per$onal Finance, a textbook for high school students.
- Anisha Sekar, @NerdWallet, is the VP of Credit and Debit Cards at NerdWallet, a personal finance website on a mission to save you money.
These are some of the issues we'll discuss in our hour-long session:
- How to Select a Card – What you should look for when deciding between multiple offers
- Credit Card Best Practices – What to keep in mind when you’re paying with plastic and paying off your cards
- Dealing With Debt – What’s the best ways to erase a big credit card balance
- Rewards to Look For – What types of reward offers are out there, and how to maximize what you earn
- Travel Questions – How to earn and redeem travel rewards
If you have any questions you know you want answered, feel free to share them in the comments section below before the chat, or on Twitter using the hashtag #CardChat.
How To Join:
- Just hop onto Twitter at 4pm EST/1 pm PST
- Follow @Money, where we will be moderating the chat and sharing your great responses
- Ask a question by including the hashtag #CardChat
- Watch it all unfold by searching #CardChat on Twitter or TweetChat
That’s it. We look forward to hearing from you via the #CardChat hashtag on Tuesday!
Find Money on Facebook. Follow Money on Twitter.