(This is a 2016 roundup. Click to see all the restaurants open on Christmas Day 2017.)
Even the best holiday planners aren't immune to a culinary disaster or forgetting a last-minute gift.
Luckily, you won't have to hope your local Chinese restaurant stays opens this year. There are a number of national chain restaurants and stores welcoming guests on Christmas Eve and Day. Whether you're looking for a last-minute holiday present, or a bite to eat with your family on your Christmas outing, here are the stores and restaurants that will be open on Christmas Eve and Day, as compiled by GOBankingRates:
Restaurants open on Christmas Eve
- Applebee’s: Most locations will be open until 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- Buca di Beppo: Most locations open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Denny’s: Denny's will stay open 24 hours on Christmas Eve.
- Domino’s: The pizza chain will stay open until 8 p.m.
- McDonald’s: Hours will depend on location, though many restaurants plan to stay open 24 hours.
- Papa John’s: If you're craving a slice, Papa John's will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ruby Tuesday: Most Ruby Tuesday locations will close at 9 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- Starbucks: Powering through the last of your holiday shopping? Starbucks has your java fix covered, with most locations open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Texas Roadhouse: Most locations of this steakhouse chain will be open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
Stores open on Christmas Eve
- Costco: The grocery superstore will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- CVS: The pharmacy chain will be open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Kmart: Most locations will stay open until 10 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- Kroger: The grocery chain will stay open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Macy’s: If you're in need of a last-minute gift, Open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Publix: Open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Target: Tentatively open, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Walgreen’s: While locations typically open 24/7 will retain normal hours; non-24/7 stores will close at midnight.
- Wegman’s: Most locations open until 6 p.m.
- Whole Foods: Most locations open until 7 p.m.
Restaurants open on Christmas Day
- Buca di Beppo: Most locations will open from their doors from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Christmas Day.
- Chart House: Most locations of this high-end steak and seafood chain will be open from 11 a.m to 9 p.m.
- IHOP: Good news for pancake lovers: 24-hour IHOP locations will operate as usual.
- Papa John’s: The pizza chain will be open from noon to 11 p.m. on Christmas Day.
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse: Prime rib livers can sink their teeth into a porterhouse between noon and 8 p.m. on Christmas.
- Shakey’s Pizza: You can get a Christmas slice or two at Shakey's from noon to 9 p.m.
- Starbucks: The coffee giant is available to take care of your caffeine needs on Christmas, with most locations open from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Waffle House: The all-day breakfast restaurant will remain open 24 hours as usual on Christmas.
Stores open on Christmas Day
- 7-Eleven: If you're craving a Christmas Slurpee, 7-Eleven will be open on the holiday.
- Albertsons: Most locations of this grocery store will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- CVS: The drugstore chain will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m..
- Sheetz: This convenience store and gas station will be open 24 hours on Christmas.
- Walgreen’s: Locations that are normally open 24/7 will keep their normal hours, while non-24/7 stores will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.