With the annual net cost of attending a four-year college up more than 10% in the past five years, the average undergraduate debt load topping $30,000, and slow-rising wages awaiting them after graduation, college students need to save a buck wherever they can. The good news is, there are lots of ways to save on things you’re already planning to purchase.
Money used The University Network‘s collection of store coupons as a starting point, then added in some discounts we’ve learned about for other services. The University Network (TUN) has a full-time staff that updates its list of coupons to keep them current, and the company publishes standing student discounts as well as seasonal sales, CEO Peter Corrigan says. Even more helpful, perhaps, is the exhaustive list of discounts offered by small companies collected by the website. Corrigan says TUN.com has about 16,000 coupons from businesses around the country. Users can scan through the national brands offering deals or look at a map based on their location.
Other similar student discount platforms include the U.K.-based Unidays, opens up more deals to brands such as Apple, ASOS, and Express, after students register with the website and Knoji which offers a wide range of products as well.
Note that almost every discount requires either a valid student ID or a .edu email address.
- American Apparel – 25% off full-price items online and in-store.
- Ann Taylor – 15% off full-price merchandise.
- Ann Taylor Loft – 15% off full-price merchandise.
- Banana Republic – 15% off full-price merchandise.
- Bonobos – 15% off.
- Club Monaco – 20% off online or in-store.
- Eastern Mountain Sports – 20% off full-price EMS merchandise or 15% off full-price merchandise from other brands.
- Eddie Bauer – 15% off full-price merchandise.
- J. Crew – 15% off.
- Jo-Ann Fabrics – 10% off in stores.
- Kenneth Cole – 20% off full-price merchandise.
- The Limited – 15% off full-price merchandise.
- Levi’s – 15% off certain items online.
- Lou & Grey – 15% off full-price merchandise.
- Madewell – 15% off in stores.
- Modells – 10% off regular and sale price.
- Original Penguin – 10% off online store.
- PacSun – 10% off online.
- Perry Ellis – 10% off online.
- Reebok – 20% off online.
- Steve Madden – 10% off full-price merchandise.
- Tommy Hilfiger – 15% off online & 10% off in-store.
- Topman – 10% off online or in stores.
- Topshop – 10% off in-store.
- West Elm – 15% off in stores and online.
- Apple – Up to $200 off computers with Apple Education Pricing.
- AT&T – $59 off each month of U-verse TV and internet with a year subscription.
- Best Buy – Register your student information of Best Buy College Student Deals page.
- Lenovo – Up to 60% off by participating in the Academic Purchase Discount Program.
- Logitech – 20% off through Logitech Academy.
- Microsoft – 10% off at its Education Store.
- T-Mobile – $60 off smartphones.
- AMC Movie Theaters – Daily discount on evening tickets, amount varies by theater.
- Spotify – 50% off subscriptions
- New York Times – $1 a week for digital-only access or 50% off home delivery.
- Wall Street Journal – $49 a year for print and digital access.
- Zip Car – Up to 100% off application fee and 80% off annual membership fees.
- Amtrak – 15% off lowest Value or Flexible Fare.
- Budget Truck Rentals – 20% off local moves and 15% off one-way moves.
Know of other discounts we’ve left off? Tell us about them at firstname.lastname@example.org.