Created exclusively for Amazon Prime members, the second annual Amazon Prime Day will be held on July 12. In 2015, Amazon Prime Day was such a success it actually exceeded Black Friday records at that time, with a total of 14 million items sold — the equivalent of 398 items sold per second.
If you’re not currently an Amazon Prime member, but you want to take advantage of Prime Day sales in July, it’s not too late. You can sign up for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime to get some of the site’s best deals of the year. After that, you’ll pay $99 per year, or $10.99 per month.
When Is Amazon Prime Day and When Do Deals Start?
To kick off Prime Day, Amazon will offer countdown deals for Prime members from July 5 to July 11. You will be able to find deals on entertainment, gadgets, travel items, outdoor gear, home essentials and more. But at midnight PST on July 12, Amazon Prime Day 2016 officially begins, offering 100,000 more hot deals for Prime members. New Amazon deals will appear on the site up to every five minutes, spanning most Amazon departments and product categories for customers located in 10 different countries.
Amazon sellers are an integral part of Amazon Prime Day 2016, as more than 30 percent of Lightning Deals will be from independent retailers. In total, Amazon Prime Day participation from sellers will see an increase of more than 100 percent year-over-year from 2015.
“Prime Day gives small businesses and entrepreneurs selling on Amazon from around the world a peak sales day during the summer months,” said Peter Faricy, vice president for the Amazon Marketplace, in a statement. “Prime Day is great for customers and sellers. Customers have the opportunity to support small businesses by purchasing unique products at a great price with fast, free shipping, and it helps sellers prepare for the upcoming holiday season by providing feedback and more customer reviews on their new and top selling products.”
2016 Amazon Prime Day Deals
Prime Day is being marketed as an opportunity to get some of the best deals of the year, so don’t miss your chance to save money on Amazon. GOBankingRates was able to confirm the Amazon Prime Day sales below, so use this to start mapping your shopping strategy.
- Fayebeline Boutique Baby Clothing: Save 20 percent.
- LSTN Headphones and Speakers: Save up to 50 percent.
- LunoWear Men’s Wood Watch: Save 35 percent.
- Segway miniPRO — Smart Self Balancing Personal Transporter: Save 20 percent.
- PrimeNow: Get free 2-hour delivery and $10 off your PrimeNow purchase today and another $10 off an order between July 13 and July 31 with promocode 10PRIMENOW.
Check back often for a complete and updated list of Amazon Prime Day deals and more July sales as Prime Day approaches. But prepare for deals on toys, mobile device cases, pet products and much more.
Read More: 22 Secret Ways to Save Money at Amazon
Amazon App: Get Notified of New Deals on the Go
Don’t miss out on any great Prime Day deals this year. Simply download the Amazon shopping app for your mobile device and get notified any time a new deal pops up.
- Turn on notifications for the Amazon app in your device settings.
- Go into settings on your Amazon app.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap the slider over to enable Your Watched & Waitlisted Deals.
- Tap Watch This Deal.
You will then begin receiving notifications — even on the go — when deals start to go live for Amazon Prime Day 2016.
Amazon Prime Day Giveaways and Extras
In addition to the discounts and sales on July 12, Amazon is offering many chances for Prime members to win prizes, enter giveaways and earn extra rewards. Here are just a few.
- Amazon Prime Store Card: Now through July 12, sign up for an Amazon Prime Store Card and receive a $50 Amazon gift card. The Amazon Store Card also allows you to save 5 percent off all Amazon purchases all of the time, not just during Prime Day.
- Kindle Unlimited Discount: On July 12, Amazon Prime members in the U.S. can save up to 40 percent on a Kindle Unlimited membership which typically costs $9.99 per month. This membership allows you to download and read as many Kindle books each month as you want.
- Prime Music Experience: Now through July 12, Prime members in the U.S. can listen to select Prime Music playlists for a chance to win one of 12 experiences with artists like Blink-182, Flo Rida, The Lumineers and more. Each winner will receive tickets to see the artist in concert, airfare, a hotel stay and a meet-and-greet with the artist.
- Prime Photos Sweepstakes: Now through July 12, if you upload a photo to your Prime Photos account, you will be eligible for a chance to win a $5,000 Amazon gift card.
Read More: 10 Best and Worst Deals on Amazon
More ‘Black Friday’ Deals in July from Target, Walmart, Best Buy and More
In the past, many other stores have competed with Prime Day by offering their own excellent discounts and sales in July. For example, last year Target, Best Buy and Walmart all offered ‘Black Friday’-like sales through July. So far, these deals and dates have yet to be announced, but we’ll keep you updated.
This article originally appeared on GoBankingRates.