What are Hollywood stylists' inexpensive hair and makeup secrets? In this installment of Snob on a Budget, Amanda Elser, senior beauty editor for People StyleWatch, reveals five items, each under $50, that professional hair and makeup artists have in their kits when they're on the set. Elser also explains why these items are great, and how they're used.
- L'Oreal Elnett hairspray, which ends up looking like you're not using hairspray at all.
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, for use as a primer or throughout the day.
- YSL Touche Éclat highlighter that will hide those dark shadows under your eyes.
- Nars Orgasm blush that can be used to give you a sun-kissed glow, but also pull double-duty as a lipstick.
- A Hot Tools curling iron.