- Down to the wire for paying taxes? The IRS realizes it’s been a tough year. If you can’t cough it all up by April 15, here’s a step-by-step on prioritizing payments. [Boston Globe]
- Green thumb or not, there is no denying it is cheaper to grow your own produce than it is to pay exorbitant prices at the supermarket. If you are an intrepid money-saving soul, find out how a novice gardener can get started with some peas and tomatoes. [MintLife.com]
- The DIY approach has taken on a new dimension as many out-of-work employees turn to freelancing to make ends meet. But where is the safety net for the nearly 42 million independent contractors in the U.S.? [DailyFinance]
- Is that dreaded word, “audit,” haunting your dreams at night? These are six red-flags the IRS is on the look out for. Check your return twice to make sure you avoid these common pitfalls. [WiseBread]
- Taking the good with the bad: if the blitz of recent articles about the supposed, speedy recovery have you wondering which way is up, take stock in the facts. [The Atlantic]
Follow Money on Twitter at http://twitter.com/money.