The purpose of this disclosure is to explain how we make money without charging you for our content.
Our mission is to help people at any stage of life make smart financial decisions through research, reporting, reviews, recommendations, and tools.
Earning your trust is essential to our success, and we believe transparency is critical to creating that trust. To that end, you should know that many or all of the companies featured here are partners who advertise with us.
Our content is free because our partners pay us a referral fee if you click on links or call any of the phone numbers on our site. If you choose to interact with the content on our site, we will likely receive compensation. If you don't, we will not be compensated. Ultimately the choice is yours.
Opinions are our own and our editors and staff writers are instructed to maintain editorial integrity, but compensation along with in-depth research will determine where, how, and in what order they appear on the page.
To find out more about our editorial process and how we make money, click here.
If you’re looking for Sears’ Black Friday deals on TVs this year, you’re going to have to search pretty hard. They’re buried on page 34 of the 48-page Sears Black Friday ad—and there only six of them.
Sears’ sibling, Kmart, is offering even fewer TVs, and they’re relegated to the back page of its Black Friday ad. But it still might worthwhile to shop for a TV at Sears or Kmart since their prices are competitive.
Sears kicks off its in-store Black Friday 2016 sale on Thanksgiving Day at 6 p.m. The stores open again on Black Friday at 5 a.m., and the doorbuster deals are good that day until 1 p.m. (The Sears Black Friday Now sale already features a limited selection of its advertised Black Friday 2016 deals, but we didn’t see any TVs.)
Read More: Top pick tires for 2016
The TV specials in the Kmart Black Friday 2016 ad begin at 7 p.m. on Thanksgiving and run until 2 p.m. on Black Friday. But many items will actually be available throughout the weekend, so look for some additional sales.
Read More: Best used cars for $25,000 and less
Sears Black Friday TV Deals
We’ve tested several of the sets in the Sears Black Friday ad; check our TV ratings for more details. However, most of the deals aren’t especially great, and other retailers are selling the sets for the same price as Sears.
• Samsung UN65KS8500FXZA, a 65-inch 4K curved-screen smart TV, $1,600. You can buy it for this price right now at Walmart.com and Best Buy.
• Samsung UN65KU6500, a 65-inch set in Samsung’s midtier 4K lineup, $1,100. You’ll find this TV is at this price at Crutchfield, Walmart.com, and other retailers.
• Samsung UN60J6200, a 60-inch 1080p smart TV, $580. This 2015 model is only a little bit more expensive at Dell and even Sears.
• Samsung UN55KU6500, a midtier 55-inch curved-screen 4K smart UHD TV, $700. It’s this price at B&H Photo, Dell, and Walmart as well.
• Samsung UN55KU6300, a 55-inch 4K smart UHD TV, $600. This set has been seen at a number of places during Black Friday, and Amazon and Best Buy both had this set for a bit less money this summer. It’s $600 at Dell during Black Friday, and at other retailers, including Walmart, right now.
• Samsung UN40J5200, a 40-inch 1080p smart TV, $250. This model is also available at Kohl’s and Best Buy at the same price. This is probably the best deal in the Sears ad, because it’s selling at a lot of retailers for $330.
Read More: 7 best mattresses for couples
Kmart Black Friday TV Deals
Like Sears, Kmart is focusing only on Samsung models, and surprisingly there’s not a single 4K set among them. All are 1080p smart TVs. Still, the deals may actually be better here, even though the sets are less desirable.
• Samsung UN58J5190, a 58-inch set, $430. It’s about $70 more at stores right now.
• Samsung UN50J5200, a 50-inch set, $350. This set is anywhere from $400 to $430 elsewhere right now.
• Samsung UN48J5000, a 48-inch set, $300. This is about a $100 savings. It’s $400 at Best Buy and Walmart right now.
• Samsung UN40J5200, a 40-inch set, $250. This set is also available at Sears, as well as Best Buy and Kohl’s, at the same price. We’ve seen this set anywhere from $280 to $330 right now.
• Samsung UN32J5205, a 32-inch set, $190. Walmart will have this set for a few dollars less. Its usual price is about $250.
Consumer Reports has no relationship with any advertisers on this website. This article originally appeared on Consumer Reports.