More Money Friday roundup: Bill Gross & $65 waffles
Personal finance from around the Web on Friday:
- Fixed-income king Bill Gross doesn't like earning 0.01% on his cash. But he does like utilities. [PIMCO]
- You may end up owing taxes next April because a little tax credit ended up being too big. One more reason to check your withholding. [Bucks]
- A convicted Long Island mortgage fraudster will be serving a month in jail for trying to rip off a 93-year-old retired barber. Then she'll spend probation on the lecture circuit. [(New York) Daily News]
- A $350-a-night luxury resort in Malaysia will give you a free night if you encounter more than one inch of rain in any 7 a.m to 7 p.m. period. Willing to hope for rain in exchange for free digs? [Savvy Sugar]
- Kellogg has warned of a waffle shortage through mid-2010. So naturally, someone on eBay is trying to sell a box of Eggos for $65. [The Washington Post]
Follow More Money on Twitter at http://twitter.com/moremoneyblog.