The purpose of this disclosure is to explain how we make money without charging you for our content.
Our mission is to help people at any stage of life make smart financial decisions through research, reporting, reviews, recommendations, and tools.
Earning your trust is essential to our success, and we believe transparency is critical to creating that trust. To that end, you should know that many or all of the companies featured here are partners who advertise with us.
Our content is free because our partners pay us a referral fee if you click on links or call any of the phone numbers on our site. If you choose to interact with the content on our site, we will likely receive compensation. If you don't, we will not be compensated. Ultimately the choice is yours.
Opinions are our own and our editors and staff writers are instructed to maintain editorial integrity, but compensation along with in-depth research will determine where, how, and in what order they appear on the page.
To find out more about our editorial process and how we make money, click here.
How we make money
We take transparency seriously.
Our content is free because we partner with several advertisers who we have a paid relationship with. We earn a commission when you click on a link or make a purchase through the links on Money. If you choose to click on the links on our site, we may receive compensation. If you don’t click or use the phone numbers listed on our site, we will not be compensated. Ultimately, the choice is yours.
The analyses and opinions on our site are our own and our editors and staff writers follow guidelines to ensure editorial integrity. We know that we can only be successful if we take your trust in us seriously.
Regardless of partner or compensation, we consider many additional factors, which are the result of editorial research to provide insights on all the different topics we write about on our website.
Our writers’ and editors’ judgments are not influenced by bias, conflicts of interest, or financial considerations. We require our writers and editors to create and publish free from internal and external pressures.
Offers available through our affiliate partners on Money are subject to change. While we try to feature as many products on our site as we can, we can’t always feature every product out there. If you think we’ve missed something please let us know by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Rank
Companies we’ve listed affiliate links for on our site must pass an initial quality screening. They must demonstrate integrity and fair dealing, and to the best of our knowledge have no recent history of serious legal and ethical issues.
Our partners’ performance and/or payout may influence their placement on our website, including how many times they appear on the site or the order in which they appear on a list. For example, our partners sometimes get premium or additional placements on our website and in our marketing materials.
Additional elements that affect who is featured on our website sometimes include historical data, such as the number of consumer visits to a partner site, percentage of sign-ups and purchased services, the user device, operating system, location, or even the day of the week or time of day.
Regardless of partner or compensation, we consider many additional factors, which are the result of the 200+ hours of research our teams spend on average to provide insights and recommendations to our readers.
Companies that meet those threshold requirements are then reviewed by our Editorial Team. Our editors’ judgments are not influenced by bias, conflicts of interest, or financial considerations. We require our writers and editors to assess each company free from internal and external pressures.
Additional elements that affect our ranking sometimes include historical data such as the number of consumer visits to a partner site, percentage of sign-ups and purchased services, the user device, operating system, location, the day of the week or time of day.
Ranking, ratings, and the order of companies on our site are subject to change. Our partners’ performance and/or payout may influence their position on our website, including the order in which they appear. For example, our partners sometimes get premium or additional placements on our website and in our marketing materials.
The views, opinions, and beliefs expressed by the various authors, editors, journalists, sources, and interviewed guests on Money do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs, viewpoints, or official policies of Money.
Our Editorial Guidelines
- Our team is committed to being the trusted source for honest, accurate, helpful and thorough information across a wide range of products and services. To earn and maintain your trust in us, we adhere to principles of editorial independence that support our core mission of helping consumers make decisions easy, the smart way.
- The content on our site is original, reliable, and understandable. Our editors’ opinions are not influenced by bias, conflicts of interest, or financial considerations. We require our writers and editors to make independent judgments free from internal and external pressures.
- Despite making our best efforts to publish content that is accurate, there is a chance we may have missed some details, or that new information becomes available after publication. If we discover a mistake, our editors will promptly correct the information. Companies may also reach out to our team periodically to request factual updates to our content, but our writers and editors ultimately reserve the right to publish this content on the basis of Money’s Editorial Guidelines.
- Our Editorial Team is separate from our Marketing and Business Development teams. Our editorial reviews and opinions are in no way affected by our advertising partnerships.
- Our writers and editors are prohibited from accepting compensation of any sort from individuals or entities who are featured, or may be featured, on our website. Companies may sometimes loan us products or extend their services free of charge to help make our Editorial Team’s job easier, but our judgments are made independently and not on the basis of these free products and services. Occasionally, we will keep a review unit for an extended period of time to fully evaluate it and over time. Acceptance does not constitute implied or actual endorsement.
- Our Editorial Team is forbidden from accepting money or other considerations from individuals or entities as a condition or incentive to write any type of content on our site, whether favorable or unfavorable. However, our content is free because we may earn a commission when you click or make a purchase using our site. This content is all clearly and conspicuously disclosed. Our Advertising Partners may select which content they wish to pay us referral fees for, however, we do not allow our Marketing or Business Development teams to control or interfere with the editorial integrity of our Editorial Team and the content they create.
- We do not allow threats, bullying, or intimidation to influence what we publish.
- We respect intellectual property and do not repost content that is not rightfully ours without permission. If you have any questions or need to get in touch with us regarding ownership of content on our site, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Investment Advice Disclaimers
No Investment Advice
Money is a financial news and data platform meant to provide its users with content for educational and informational purposes only. We want to help you reach your financial goals. However, nothing on Money.com, any of Money’s electronic communications, or any other related applications and services (collectively, “Money”) constitutes —or should be construed as— financial, legal, tax, investment, or other advice. Money is not an investment broker or a financial advisor.
Do Your Own Research
We encourage you to contact a qualified professional to ensure you are making the right decisions to achieve your financial goals. We do not provide personalized recommendations or views as to whether an approach is suited to meet the financial needs of a specific individual. The decisions you make based on information contained on Money are sole responsibility of the user, and in exchange for using the services, you agree to hold Ad Practitioners, LLC, Money and its affiliates harmless against any claims for damages arising from those decisions.
We are not a fiduciary by virtue of any person’s use of or access to Money. You alone assume the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any information or other content on Money before making any decisions based on such information.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim any and all liability in the event any information, commentary, analysis, opinion, advice, and/or recommendation prove to be inaccurate, incomplete or unreliable, or result in any investment or other losses.
Accuracy of Site Information
Our content is obtained from sources which we believe to be reliable. However, we do not always independently verify or otherwise investigate all such information. Neither Money, its editors, publishers, nor any of their respective affiliates guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information.
Investing involves risk. It’s important you acknowledge the following important investment warnings:
- The value of securities, stocks, shares and investments, and the income derived from them, may fluctuate and can increase as well as decrease;
- We do not guarantee any specific outcome or profit;
- There is real risk of loss in following any strategy or investment discussed on Money;
- Investors may not always get the original amount invested in return; and
- Past performance is not a guarantee or indicator of future performance.