More Money Friday roundup: Estate tax & alumni savings
Personal finance from around the Web:
- The House passed a bill that would permanently extend the estate tax, but it faces a tougher battle in the Senate. [Don't Mess With Taxes]
- Economists have mixed reactions to the jobs report, but at least one analyst sees the revisions as great news. [Economix, The Business Insider]
- Budget concerns making you feel more like Scrooge than Santa? Here are 135 tips to make your dollar go further this holiday season. [It's Your Money]
- One reason to quit throwing out all that junk fascinating mail your alma mater sends you: Your school affiliation could save you a bundle on things, including insurance and travel. [Wise Bread]
- E*Trade and Freddie Mac, we hardly knew ya. One blog lists the financial firms as among the 10 Brands that won't survive through 2010. [Wall Street 24/7]
Follow More Money on Twitter at http://twitter.com/moremoneyblog.