Personal finance from around the Web:
- Banks 1, Consumers 0? Many in Washington are crying foul after this morning’s buzz about a bipartisan compromise in the Senate Committee on Banking which would nix a proposed independent consumer finance agency by incorporating it into the Fed. [Bloomberg]
- What vehicles reaped the benefits of Toyota’s recall mishap? Hint: they’re built “Ford tough.” A list of February’s top-selling vehicles. [WalletPop]
- Social Security saviors: your wife, sister-in-law and daughter could all be keeping this payout alive for the next generation. [Economix]
- Beware the real-estate double dip: The housing market looks as if it’s headed down again. [The Real Estate Bloggers]
- From pancakes and sausages to a Bahamanian cruise: You can get a lot of free stuff for showing up on your birthday, or by joining a company mailing list. [Generation X Finance]
Follow MONEY on Twitter at http://twitter.com/money.