Anthem Tax Services | Tax Relief
Anthem Tax Services is a tax debt resolution company with over 30 years of experience in Tax Preparation and Tax Law. The company is licensed to represent clients in all 50 states and is certified by the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP), the California Tax Education Council (CTEC) and the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA).
Read our review for a detailed breakdown of the company’s services, qualifications and noteworthy features.
Anthem Tax Services’ tax relief overview
- No time limit on its money-back guarantee
- Cases may be resolved in as little as one week
- Specialized tax relief services for truck drivers
- Poor communication from Anthem on cases that go on longer than a week
Anthem Tax Services handles the most common tax debt issues, including back taxes, tax liens and tax audits. The company is also qualified to pursue all available tax resolution options such as offers-in-compromise, installment agreement and penalty abatement if your case meets the requirements.
What makes the company stand out, however, is its money-back guarantee. Anthem has no time limit on its money-back guarantee, meaning that even if your case took months to work on and a resolution could not be reached, you can expect to get your money back, except for the initial investigation fee, which starts at $300.
Anthem offers every essential tax resolution service that a person might need, either as an individual or a business owner. To qualify for the service, you need a minimum debt or tax liability of $10,000.
It should also be noted that, like any other tax relief company, Anthem’s pricing will vary depending on your particular tax situation. However, the company offers free consultations with no upfront fees and only charges a $300 initial investigation fee once they have agreed to take on your case.
Below we go over Anthem’s advertised services and what they entail. For a more thorough explanation of tax debt resolution options, read our article on the best tax relief companies.
What Anthem offers
Tax debt relief
- Currently Not Collectible - A taxpayer is eligible for Currently Non Collectible (CRC) status when the IRS determines that they can’t pay the debt due to financial hardship. Anthem can analyze your paperwork and decide whether this option is possible for you.
- IRS Fresh Start Forgiveness - The IRS Fresh Start Forgiveness program is an updated set of guidelines that makes it easier to request other tax relief options such as installment agreements or offers-in-compromise.
- Installment Agreement - An installment agreement is a payment plan for your outstanding tax debt, typically in monthly payments. Anthem can analyze your tax paperwork and request an installment agreement from the IRS on your behalf.
- Penalty Abatement - It may be possible to reduce or eliminate your tax penalty by requesting a penalty abatement with the IRS. There are different types of penalties and types of IRS penalty reliefs, and Anthem Tax Services can help you find out if you qualify.
- Offer In Compromise - This is a mechanism where the IRS agrees to settle your tax debt for less than the total amount owed. There are a lot of requirements, but Anthem can help you navigate the process.
- Truck Driver Back Taxes - Truck drivers represent a sizable portion of U.S. taxpayers, but their unique occupation, with all of its rules and regulations, can make filing taxes a complicated matter. Anthem offers specialized assistance to truckers who owe back taxes.
- IRS Levy - A tax levy means the government enforces its right to seize your property. Anthem offers services that could help you secure a levy release to avoid having your property seized.
- IRS Wage Garnishment - Wage garnishments mean that a portion of your wages are automatically deducted to pay down any outstanding tax debt.
- Unfiled Tax Returns - Some of the most common tax problems are unfiled tax returns. An unfiled tax return can lead to bigger issues such as late filing fees and even tax levies if the situation gets bad enough.
- Corporate Tax Prep - Anthem offers corporate tax preparation services to help businesses avoid future tax issues with the IRS. These services do not include corporate bookkeeping.
What Anthem doesn’t offer
Anthem does not handle Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) filings. This particular type of filing is mandatory for any U.S. resident with foreign bank accounts.
Anthem Tax Services is staffed by tax professionals licensed to work in all 50 states and is accredited by several tax professional organizations. Furthermore, the company holds a favorable A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Licenses and registrations
Anthem Tax Services is staffed by tax professionals who are licensed to operate in all 50 states. While this mainly means the company is qualified to help you with your federal tax debt, its tax professionals may also be able to advise you on certain matters of state tax debt.
Awards and certifications
- Accredited with the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP)
- Accredited with the California Tax Education Council (CTEC)
- Accredited with the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
Anthem Tax Services is not rated by any third-party agencies specializing in the tax resolution services industry.
Regulatory or legal actions
There is currently no record of regulatory or legal action against Anthem tax Services from agencies such as the FTC and CFPB.
Although we always try to include accurate and up-to-date information on regulatory and legal actions, we don’t claim this information is complete or entirely up to date. As always, we recommend you do your own research as well.
Anthem can be reached during business hours (Monday to Friday: 6:30 AM - 6 PM) by phone or email. However, the company’s limited operating hours might make it inconvenient for individuals with busy schedules.
Although Anthem Tax Services has offices based in California, the company’s preferred methods of contact are:
- Phone call
- Text messages (for follow-up discussions)
The only way to get in touch with Anthem for the first time is to call them or fill out a form on their website with your contact information. The company may provide alternative contact methods after you contract its services.
- Phone number: (855) 749-2859
- Email (for support issues only): firstname.lastname@example.org
Anthem’s website is straightforward to navigate since it only has four tabs you can explore:
- Services - A breakdown of the different tax resolution services offered
- Resources - A selection of informative articles that answer general questions about IRS tax issues
- About - General information about the company and customer testimonials
- Contact - Company contact information, including phone number, support email address and fillable online form
Although you can’t directly communicate with Anthem through its website, the information provided helps you better understand the services offered and whether the company can handle your specific tax debt issues.
Outside of their California offices, Anthem Tax Services has no physical locations that customers can visit. The company also has limited business hours in which customers can contact its offices:
- Mon - Fri: 6:30 AM - 6 PM
- Weekends: Closed
Anthem’s Holiday schedule is variable, working limited hours or not at all, depending on the particular holiday.
Anthem’s customer satisfaction
Overall, Anthem Tax Services boasts high levels of customer satisfaction. Of course, no business is without its faults, but even when customers have complaints, Anthem works to resolve them as quickly as possible in a satisfactory manner.
While the amount of customer reviews available for Anthem is comparatively low, the number of positive reviews is higher than negative ones.
- BBB - 95 in the last three years
Because the tax debt resolution industry lacks a dedicated regulatory agency to track customer complaints, the only available information comes from the Better Business Bureau, which has registered 95 complaints in the last three years.
Of those 95 complaints, 39 were resolved within the past 12 months (as of July 2022). While this points to a growing trend of complaints, it’s overall a small amount. We should also point out that all of the complaints have been resolved in a satisfactory manner, which shows a commitment to customer satisfaction.
Anthem Tax Services is not evaluated by third-party organizations such as J.D. Power, which have dedicated reports on customer satisfaction metrics for various industries. However, the Better Business Bureau, and aggregate customer review website Trustpilot, give Anthem the following ratings:
- Trustpilot - 3.1 out of 5 stars
- BBB - A+
Trustpilot’s rating is based on a total of 81 customer reviews, which is relatively low. As with any other service that isn’t strictly regulated or evaluated by trusted third-party organizations, be sure to read individual customer reviews and use your best judgment to decide whether a company is right for you.
Anthem Tax Service FAQ
How much does Anthem Tax Services cost?
Does Anthem Tax Services offer any type of guarantee?
What tax relief solutions does Anthem Tax Services offer?
How We Evaluated Anthem Tax Services’ Tax Relief
We evaluated Anthem tax Services on availability, cost and credibility.
- Availability - Anthem’s availability to residents of all 50 states was one of the main factors in our decision to include them in our list of best tax relief companies.
- Cost - The cost of tax relief services varies greatly depending on each case. However, Anthem’s free consultations and lack of upfront fees made it a top candidate.
- Credibility - Like any other industry, tax relief has its fair share of bad actors willing to scam people out of their money. To verify the company’s credibility, we ensured that Anthem Tax Services was appropriately licensed.
Summary of Money’s Anthem Tax Services Review
Anthem Tax Services is a tax relief company that handles common tax debt issues such as tax audits and offers more specialized services such as business tax preparation. It stands out for its money-back guarantee, valid for the duration of your case, however long it may take.
Anthem is accredited by several tax professional organizations, particularly the NATP, NAEA and CTEC. Overall, the company boasts positive customer reviews.