The 2019 NBA All-Star Game is today, and fans will get to see the matchup of Team LeBron vs. Team Giannis at the Spectrum Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The 2019 NBA All-Star Game marks the second straight year that the league has dumped its traditional West vs. East showdown and replaced it with teams picked by the two players from each conference with the most all-star votes. This year, the two NBA players with the most votes were LeBron James of the Los Angeles Lakers and Giannis Antetokounmpo of the Milwaukee Bucks.
James and Antetokounmpo are serving as team captains in the NBA All-Star Game 2019, and they picked players for their teams in a draft held in early February. The first five picks for Team LeBron were Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Kawhi Leonard, James Harden, and Anthony Davis, while Team Giannis took Stephen Curry, Joel Embiid, Paul George, Kemba Walker, and Khris Middleton.
Here's all the info you need to watch Team LeBron vs. Team Giannis in the 2019 NBA All-Star Game — online or on TV, for free.
When Is the NBA All-Star Game?
The 2019 NBA All-Star Game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 17, and the TV broadcast is on TNT.
TNT is a pay channel that is probably included with your cable or satellite TV package. Assuming you have cable or another pay TV service, all you have to do to watch the 2019 NBA All-Star Game is find TNT.
How to Watch the NBA All-Star Game if You Don't Have Cable
If you don't have cable or another pay TV account, consider signing up for a free trial of a live-stream TV service that comes with TNT.
The streaming TV services FuboTV, Hulu Live, DirecTV Now, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, and YouTube TV all include TNT in their basic packages. Normally, the cost of these services starts at $25 to $45 per month. But they all offer free trials lasting five to seven days for new subscribers.
So you could register as a new subscriber and live stream the NBA All-Star Game for free on Sunday, and then still have a few more days to try out the service before being charged. If you ultimately decided not to become a paying subscriber, be sure to cancel before the free trial ends. If you miss the deadline, you'll be charged in full for the first month.
If you're unfamiliar with live-streaming TV, it works similarly to cable in that subscribers pay one monthly bill for access to a bundle of channels. The main difference is that cable is provided by way of a TV and a cable box, while streaming TV subscribers log in and watch online at any connected device they want — including laptops, smartphones, and smart TVs. The other difference is that streaming TV generally costs less and comes with fewer fees and hassles compared to traditional cable TV.
2019 NBA All-Star Game Rosters
Who is playing in the All-Star Game today? Here are the full rosters for Team LeBron and Team Giannis.
• LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
• Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
• James Harden, Houston Rockets
• Kyrie Irving, Boston Celtics
• Kawhi Leonard, Toronto Raptors
• LaMarcus Eldridge, San Antonio Spurs
• Bradley Beal, Washington Bullets
• Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
• Damian Lillard, Portland Trailblazers
• Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers
• Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors
• Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves
• Dwayne Wade, Miami Heat
• Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
• Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
• Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
• Paul George, Oklahoma City Thunder
• Kemba Walker, Charlotte Hornets
• Blake Griffin, Detroit Pistons
• Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets
• Kyle Lowry, Toronto Raptors
• Khris Middleton, Milwaukee Bucks
• Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
• Victor Oladipo, Indiana Pacers
• D'Angelo Russell, Brooklyn Nets
• Nikola Vucevic, Orlando Magic
• Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder