Paper holiday shopping lists are so last century. Instead, try using Google Docs to collaborate on holiday gifts with family members. While you're shifting to digital tools, here are a few other shopping apps that can help you make sure you're spending the right amount of money on the right gifts.
- List Ease takes it one step beyond, allowing you to invite family members to opt into holiday shopping lists. Everyone can add items to it in a browser or on the mobile app, and the up-to-date list is always ready when you arrive at the store.
- Giftster allows everyone in your family to maintain a visible and shareable personal gift wish list. You can take the lists shopping via the mobile app and mark the status of an item (like "purchased") to advise others -- although the list owner can't see those details.
- If you're considering purchasing something via an auction site like eBay, check out WeGoLook, a crowdsourced inspection service that can help make sure the item you want to buy meets your expectations. With a click of the app, one of the service's "Lookers" will physically visit the product's owner and generate a personalized inspection report complete with photos and video.
- Slice keeps tabs of your online purchases by monitoring your email and extracting online order details. Slice also notifies you about price drops on recent purchases and helps you get a refund when possible.
- And before you hit the stores, don’t forget to download a few apps to help cut costs: RedLaser, Snip Snap, and Coupon Sherpa can help you score the best deals and find extra savings.
Read next: What Happened to Free Holiday Gift Wrapping?