7 Apps for Smarter Holiday Shopping
Paper holiday shopping lists are so last century. Instead, try using Google Docs to collaborate on holiday gifts with family members. While you're shifting to digital tools, here are a few other shopping apps that can help you make sure you're spending the right amount of money on the right gifts.
- List Ease takes it one step beyond, allowing you to invite family members to opt into holiday shopping lists. Everyone can add items to it in a browser or on the mobile app, and the up-to-date list is always ready when you arrive at the store.
- Giftster allows everyone in your family to maintain a visible and shareable personal gift wish list. You can take the lists shopping via the mobile app and mark the status of an item (like "purchased") to advise others -- although the list owner can't see those details.
- If you're considering purchasing something via an auction site like eBay, check out WeGoLook, a crowdsourced inspection service that can help make sure the item you want to buy meets your expectations. With a click of the app, one of the service's "Lookers" will physically visit the product's owner and generate a personalized inspection report complete with photos and video.
- Slice keeps tabs of your online purchases by monitoring your email and extracting online order details. Slice also notifies you about price drops on recent purchases and helps you get a refund when possible.
- And before you hit the stores, don’t forget to download a few apps to help cut costs: RedLaser, Snip Snap, and Coupon Sherpa can help you score the best deals and find extra savings.
Read next: What Happened to Free Holiday Gift Wrapping?